Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Growing up

Here is a little bit about my childhood.  I am the youngest child of 3 and the only girl.  I have 2 older brothers Brian and Jeff.  I personally think my parents are the absolutely the best parents in the entire world.  They have always been there for me and are even more there for me now that I am married and have my own family.  They are the best Grandparents to my little girl.  It makes my heart melt everytime I see them together, or here my parents tell stories about Tanessa.  I grew up in Wyoming, in the same town until I went to college.  We did have 3 houses, but that was just because we did have one burn down when I was 15.  My parents made sure that we all had everything we needed and just about everything we wanted too.  Both sets of my Grandparents lived in the same town as us along with alot of my Uncles, Aunts, and cousins.  In fact the majority of my friends were cousins and still are.  My brothers are typical brothers, they picked on me and teased me, but they also stood up for me.  In fact for about 7 years Rhett and I lived about 2 blocks away from Jeff and his family and it was really hard to leave them when we moved to Utah.  I consider my childhood to be a very blessed and privileged.  I started to play the piano when I was 5 and love to still play.  I even teach 2 students right now and am trying to figure out how to get my piano from Wyoming to my house in Utah so I can start teaching more.  I consider myself athletic (well use to be when I was in shape and not over weight).  I played soccer, volleyball, basketball, and ran the sprints in Track.  I also played the clarinet all through middle school and 2 years in high school.  School come to easy to me until I got to college and that is probably why I never finished.  I graduate in 1997 and then went to college at the University of Wyoming.  My freshman year I had a roommate from Scottsbluff, Nebraska.  We got along great.  I did have to have my wisdom teeth out over Christmas break and then my gallbladder out over Spring Break.  I met Rhett in February of 1998 and we were engaged on April 30, 1998 and then married on August 21, 1998.  And here I stop for today, I will pick up on the newlywed years and college life later!

No comments:

Post a Comment